(silk cocoon from silk worm)
- Silk is a fabric produced from the silk worm
- Silk is a natural heat regulator. Silk helps to retain heat on cold nights and keep you cool on those toasty summer nights!
- Silk is hypoallergenic and is resistant to mold, mildew, fungus and dust mites
- Silk on the other hand is a luxury product and is very expensive to produce, since supply is limited and the process to harvest and spin silk is complex and labor intensive.
- Satin is a fabric weave - manmade
- Polyester satin charmeuse is slippery with a clearly distinct texture which you can feel
- As a manmade fabric, polyester is easy to produce in large quantities from a relatively inexpensive source and as a result it’s generally cheaper than silk
Benefits for your hair and skin: Both polyester satin charmeuse pillowcases and natural silk pillowcases are marvelous for your hair and skin because both provide protection by reducing friction. They are soft to the touch, which help hair and skin freely glide as you sleep. This reduces split ends, minimizes frizz, and retain moisture in your hair and skin. As an added bonus, they also eliminate sleep wrinkles/lines.
(photo credit: ask nature)